"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Philippians 1:3 - 6

" I thank my God every time I remember you. all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

In one of my Nursing classes today my professor opened our class with this song. Right now we are learning about newborns and pregnancy. she compared this idea of completion to how God provides the comfort to mothers that he who began a good work in them will complete and carry out their pregnancy. With some many mothers with questions and sometimes little answers with the outcome of their child, this verse is such a comfort and call to rely on Gods promise.

When i initially read this verse, my professors insight was not what first came to mind. As i continue to pray and look to the future this verse reminds me that God is 1) doing good through me now, and 2) he will continue use me and guide me toward the plan he has for me till Jesus returns. So often i feel like i am searching for how God might use me. It is hard to know if i am listening to him or the plan i have made for my self. How amazing it is to know that right now, this moment he is using me, and that he will continue to have me serve for his purpose now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment