"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

July 25- A Smile from a Child

This whole weekend I have been stressed about this very day. I have been praying and tryng to convince myself that no matter what happens today it is all in Gods hands and we’ll see what he shows us. Today was our Fun Day Sunday. We invited families from the Greenhouse to come and get to know our church by playing games, and singing, and eating together. I was a little nervous because this morning it just seemed like something dark was in the house. Everyone was crabby, the kids were complaining and saying how they didn’t think the games would be fun, so needless to say I was very excited to get out of the house and get to church to put things together. Things were going fine, but when more church members came it seemed like everyone forgot what they were doing and didn’t understand what was happening, so once I went around and told people their jobs again and things seemed a little more under control I had just enough time to make it to the greenhouse to meet the children and walk over with them. So I was dropped off at the apartments where the greenhouse is by Susie and the whole while I was there I prayed that kids would be there. I was trying to convince my self that if no kids were there that it was ok. So I get there and right away I see a group of children waiting. I walk through that gate and a little boy out of the crown shouts my name and ran to meet me and give me a hug. As you can imagine, instantly stress left and a huge smile spread across my face. I was able to put the stress of details behind and then focus of the fact that this day is not about the success of the event but the opportunity we have to show these kids the gospel and the love of God. SO when we made it back even if things weren’t quite what i imagined, it didn’t matter. The kids had a really great time, and it was amazing to see new families come to church. Dave had the kids and adults come into the sanctuary for a special drama, where some of the girls from the greenhouse and our church were able to participate and act, but he also had everyone joing in a confession at the end, and asked that if people agreed with what they had just said and wanted to give their lives to Christ to talk with him afterwards. It was absolutely amazing, we had just enough food, and prises for everyone, and the children were so sad when I told them it was time to walk home. We even received a thankyou letter from a mother who had come with her boy friend and son last minute. Is was awesome to see how God provided.

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment