"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 18 – Crazy Life

The past days have been flying by. Bridge of Life has been busy with new changes around the corner with Roy coming in as our youth pastor. We have Shana coming in and doing our finances, we have people leaving to go else where out in the world, and we are still trying to pull the new office together. This coming weekend I have been planning a children’s event for the community and our goal is to show the love of God to these kids and families that come, and to give them the opportunity to experience church and hopefully get them connected to a church. Right now I just feel overwhelmed and keep feeling all this stress to do well, and to not let people down. I have to keep reminding my self, that this special service, this event, is not mine, it is our churches, and it isn’t an event to show how glorious I am or how good of an intern I hope to be, but an act to glorify God and to show to these families his love for them. I hope that when these families come they see something different in us, in our conversations, in our actions, and the way we treat them, I hope that they see God reflected in us and in our church. Please pray for me and the people serving this Sunday. Pray that I won’t lose my mind and that we all will be able to focus on what the real goal is!

Also please keep Ralph in your prayers. Ralph is one of the first persons that I met here; Susie and I went to his house for high tea a couple weeks ago. He is a great man and a prayer warrior for sure, but he has spinibifida. This past week due to his disability he had an infection in his leg and a blood clot in his leg. He has been in the hospital for the last four days and we don’t know how long he will be there. The good news is that the blood clot is not going to travel anywhere and also that the infection is getting better.

My uncle Mark, the one I have been telling you all about has found a match with my aunt and my uncle for a bone marrow transplant which is awesome and AMAZING NEWS!! Please continue to keep him and my grandfather in your prayers as they continue chemo.

Pray for my relationships with people here as time is going by fast and we realize just how little time is left for me to be here. Pray for my relationships at home as I am and they are impatient for me to come back. I know I have said this before, but I am so excited to come home, but also will miss this home away form home so incredibly much. The community here has made me part of their family, and I will really miss being a daily part of how they do life.

Peace,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment