"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 4 - Peter 2

In church this Sunday we talked about peter 2 and the implications that is has for us as people in a community and I think that it was something I needed to hear. Community is a word that I have heard frequently and was over used while I was a part of residence life. A great word, and is one that needs to be talked about more often. We talked bout relationship and the hard ones, the ones that really can be a pain in the ass (excuse my French). What would it look like if we treated our relationship like babies? We wouldn’t drop them, or exchange them for another baby if it was bothering us with their winning, or crying. We would continue to care for them. We also talked about how we can not grow in our faith alone. We also talked about how some people are to busy for community because they are bus-lazy, or they are afraid of getting hurt. I think that the second one is something i don’t willingly admit. I worry about letting people down, about what others think, and what their reactions could be all the time. I think that I don’t always put energy into some relationships if I feel like they have hurt me or have the potential to hurt me. I am reminded of our call to love and care for all people, not just the ones that are good friends, not just the ones who pat you on the back, but your enemies and those who may not be the best of friends. I am reminded of Gods love for us and our relationships, and that when we are hurt by others that his love is strong.

Living under Gods Influence,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment