"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Driving Lesson

Today was so enlightening. So the morning started with a meeting with Dave and he surprised me with a driving lesson after our meeting. So there is a car that i get to barrow this summer, which will be great for days when it is in the triple digits here...but here is the catch....it is a stick shift. OH dear. SO i have never driven a stick shift before, so Dave said he would teach me. He didn't tell me this morning that i was going to have a lesson, he just pulled over and said he was thats what we were going to do. I was like great, we are going to die (that might have been a little dramatic). I was so nervous because i didn't want to hurt the car or injure the pastor of my church. I feel like that would be a really bad thing to do :)
So the first time that i started to go it was fine, a little shaky, but i didn't stall! Which was great, however, every time after that, when i would get to a stop sign, i would stall...so there is room for improvement for sure, but i am getting better. Hopefully by the end of the summer it will be second nature. The rest of the day i spent brainstorming for my children's ministries growth development plan, and the i had an interview with Shana later in the evening. We talked for about three hours about the community. She lived here for her whole live and told me just how different the community is here. It was a great time and i think next week we are going to meet to talk some more.
Praise God! Susie, Dave's wife, had surgery on Monday for what they originally thought was breast cancer. They found that the spot wasn't but they wanted to remove it anyway just to be safe. We are rejoicing here for here, but still praying for my uncle mark and my Grandpa who are still undergoing treatment for cancer. Please pray that God continues to give them both strength and peace.
God Bless,

Kristen

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome Kristen! Maybe you could teach me when you get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he he! Kristen! I think it is great that you are learning how to drive a manual car. That is a skill which will come in very handy, especially if you live in a country outside the USA. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers Soule Sista. You sound like you are having a wonderful time.
    Shalom,
    KM

    ReplyDelete