"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 19 - God Provides


This past week was a as I was hard reminder of the area I live in. Thursday afternoon I was at Pastor Daves house right before I was going to go and work at the Greenhouse. When I went outside to go to work, my bike was gone. I had only been there for maybe 30 mins, a little less and it was parked right in their driveway between one of their cars and the door of the garage. It was interesting because when I went inside to ask if they had put my bike in their garage, I didn’t even think that someone would take it. Justin, their son said to me, “welcome to our neighborhood.” I think that I have talked with so many wonderful loving, caring, and justice seeking Christians and non-Christians here that I became naive to our neighborhoods situation and need. I hadn’t confronted the struggle. And I am not trying to say that I understand what everyone is going through here, but it was an unfortunate reminder of this neighborhoods struggle.

What blew me away was the response I received after this. Thursday night Dave sent out an email to friends, church members, and other churches about my situation and what had happened. That night be had offers on bikes that I could use. The next day people had said they would pitch in money for a new bike. Even one of my fellow Jubilee members asked his church to respond and organized people and got together an offering to help. God is good. God provides. I now have a bike to barrow for the summer and will be able to provide a bike to the person I was originally borrowing it from.

Leaning on Him,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment