"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 12 - World Cup Fun

Today was pretty normal. I woke up around 7 and mostly hung around the house this morning playing checkers with the kids and also watching one of their favorite movies the spies next-door. One of the best parts of my day was when a ten year old boy, the nephew of the Damians, telling me all about the Celtics and the Lakers and how the Lakers think that they are too good and that Colby thinks he can make any shot he wants but actually can’t. ( I thought it was funny though how he was wearing a Lakers drawstring bag!) After that I biked over the Lindner’s house and was really excited to watch the USA vs. England soccer game. IT was so much fun and a great (but frustrating) game to watch. Last night I had been at the Lindners house too helping Susie cook dinner for the family. If there is one thing that I love to do it is cooking…especially eating the food once it is done. It is always a great time being with the Lindners and I am excited to see our relationship grow. Susie always asks great questions when we are together and while we were cooking asked me “what do you think that God has been teaching you so far?” I almost chuckled a little bit when she asked me this because I didn’t know where to begin. I have felt like I have been learning so much. God’s patience and constant reminders of his faithfulness hit me when I feel overwhelmed and wonder how I can possible help this community. He always is asking me to give my burdens to him and lean on him for his burden is light. And as I see growth in these areas and I also see how each day I need to be reminded again of my need for me to let God have control. One thing that Susie told me is that one thing she always loved about mission trips and caring for other people is that it always seemed to help her feel more in-tune with God. I definitely can relate to this and really hope that as the summer progresses that my relationship continue to grow with God and that when I move back home it wouldn’t stop but still continue to grow as well.

Living Under the influence,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment