"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 21 - Flat Tire

So today, the first day I ride my new bike, I get a flat tire. I was like, oh man what is it with me and bikes! I was able to get it fixed today, but hopefully that will be the last of my bike “adventures”. I think one of the hardest things doing this internship is being away from family, from Eric, and from friends. The whole time I have been here it seems like I am constantly playing phone and email tag with everyone. I wish that there would be easier times to talk with people rather than an hour block on certain days, when it could be as late as midnight in Michigan. Any way, I was reading a book recommended to me by my wonderful friend Jorie, and came across a passage on patience and loneliness. It talks about loneliness and how to be “full of Joy, here and now.” The first time I read those words, I was confused, I was like…joy in loneliness... crazy talk. Elizabeth Elliot wrote “We don’t only have hope for future Joys- we can be full of Joy here and now even in out trials and troubles…Taken in the right spirit these very things will give us patient endurance; this in turn will develop a mature character, and a character of this sort produces a steady hope, a hope that will never disappoint us.” So even tonight when I am wishing that I was on the same time zone with family, friends, and Eric, I pray that I grow stronger patience. I pray that I really see and know that through my experiences this summer God is using me and changing me. I still wish I could talk more with friends, but also know that go will use this to help me grow stronger in my relationship with him and to lean more on him.

God Bless,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment