"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 20 - The Love of a father


This Sunday on Fathers Day I was eating breakfast when Beto and Sita, Christina and Gilberts kids said, “Its really sad that you can’t be with your Dad today.” I really would have loved to be at home and having a really yummy breakfast and being able to go to church with my family Sunday morning. I love my family so much and my Dad is an amazing person. There are so many times when we were growing up that he would be there for us whether is was for school, or we needed help with our bikes, or if he asked us to go fishing. This past winter I went hunting with my Dad for the first time and had a great time! (I think that I actually fell asleep for a little bit, the blind that we used was luxurious compared to other blinds, so I have been told) I wish I had gone more when I was younger. Sunday morning Dave talked about all the fathers in the world and prayed that they would see their roles in their kids lives. For the ones who were in their kids lives, to see the opportunities they have, and for the ones who aren’t to have God work in them and get them connected with their kids again. There are a lot of broken families in our area (as there are where ever you go), but in our little community that is one of the needs, is for good fathers. One thing that Dave reminded us is that no matter what the situation with your earthly father may be, your heavenly father is always there for you, always comforting, always caring, always loving, and preparing your way.

Happy Fathers Day Dad!

Love,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment