"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23

Monday, June 28, 2010

June 27- Strength


Often times I wonder what Gods plan for me and other people is. Things happen in friends lives and I wonder how God has a good purpose for it. How can terrible things be used for good? God tells us that he will provide for us, that he loves us, and is always with us. This is something that I have been wrestling with the past two days because a friend of mine, Naola, has been having a really hard last couple of days. I first met Naola at Sports 4 Life, our basketball league. Both her son and daughter play in the basket ball league and she is actively involved in the organization whether by supporting and cheering for her kids (or coaching) and also helping with the snack bar. The last four Saturdays I have helped with the snack bar, and the first time I helped she worked with me. She is jobless right now (like many people in the area) but has decided to use this time to show her kids the power of God and to help them understand what it means to believe that God is our provider. Every day they get up early and do devotions together and they pray. She also makes sure that they are involved in their church and go out and witness to the community. She is an amazing strong woman and has been such a dear friend to me while I have been here.

So this past Saturday she walks into the gym and just doesn’t seem quiet self. Turns out that her house was broken into this past Friday and they completely trashed the house. So please keep he and her family in your prayers. She is trying to be strong, but I know that she just feels angry and wonders how God is going to use this for good. Pray for the young men that broke into her house that God will surround them and work in them.

Learning to live for him,

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment